Discovery Freshers Recruitment Hiring Details:
About Company: We work at the intersection of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility, continuously leveraging technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT) and a suite of applications to support all our global brands. These include Discovery+, Food Network Kitchen, GolfTV, MotorTrend on Demand, Eurosport Player, and many more. We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from traditional video streaming, to highly interactive and immersive applications. We build across connected TV, web, mobile and consoles and are fast, nimble and have fun building world-class products for our iconic brands. This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
Company Name: Discovery
Job Profile: Graduate – Software Development Engineer-I
Work Location: Bangalore or Pune
Experience Required: Freshers
Degree Required: BE/BTech/MCA
Why Join the Discovery Team?
Discovery’s Direct-to- Consumer team offers a truly unique experience. As a Graduate Software Engineer, you’ll make an almost immediate impact, helping to create world class global streaming products and the platform that powers them. You’ll be able to build features that help to refine the modern viewing experience for millions. We’re a global team, but with many of the benefits of working in a start-up environment, building from the ground up. We encourage our engineers to take educated risks, we celebrate mistakes, and we learn from them as a team. You’ll also work with and learn from highly talented engineers, using cutting-edge technology to deliver immense value for passionate superfans around the world. We have a genuinely open culture and expect great ideas to come from everyone and look forward to the fresh perspective and new ideas our graduates bring!
What you will do
● Create world-class global streaming products and the platform that powers them
● Develop your area of expertise on the features and services you help build along with a group of talented engineers
● Take end to end ownership of product features and own the technical and operational excellence of these products
● Contribute to the product and services development process; Design and test your own hypophysis by collecting and measuring data.
What we’re looking for
● In addition to academic qualifications, we look for proactive problem solvers, motivated to learn and able to collaborate and exchange ideas and most importantly be a team player.
● Degree in Computer Science or related field
● Software development experience coding in a general-purpose programming language.
● Prior Intern experience as a developer in a consumer-focused company
● Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
● Effective communication skills in both verbal and written communication.
● Desire to work on a diverse team
● Knowledge of distributed systems, mobile and OTT client apps, video streaming, codecs, video delivery and broadcast workflows is a big plus.
Apply Before the link Expires for Discovery Freshers Recruitment Hiring.