Features of java with description:-
Platform Independent: –
- If the application is able to execute in any environment is known as platform independent application.
- If a language support to develop a platform independent application is known as platform independent language.
Open Source: –
- The source code of java development or java libraries is not bounded to sun microsystem or oracle corporation .It is available for any user so java is open source.
- The source code of entire java development is available in :-
Architecture Neutral: –
- Memory allocation and memory deallocation is same for all environment like windows or Linux which is support the concept of architecture neutral.
- In c or c++ the size of integer is depends upon the processor.
- Integer size is 16 or 32 bits .
As object-oriented support some common rule which help to develop an application by using a predefined architecture.it makes simple to develop a software.
To Develop an Application:
- Java supports huge number if classes and interfaces. “So it is for a programmer to develop an application by using predefined method.”
- Memory allocation and memory deallocation is not the job of java programmer.
- Garbage collector collect the useless memory which is known as automatic memory management.
- Java support exception handling to avoid abnormal termination.
- Java internally uses the concept of pointer.
- The combination of automatic memory management exception handling and security java is robust.
- Java language bi-default multi threaded.
- Main is the default thread in java.
- By using java, we can develop a distributed application with the help of java.net and java.rmi package
Exception Handling: –
- In Java exception handling is a technique through which we can avoid the abnormal control flow.
- It is possible by try…. catch.
Garbage Collection: –
- Java not support garbage value like C or C++.
- JVM (Java Virtual Memory) is responsible to allocate memory and garbage collector is responsible to collect the garbage values.
- Java doesn’t support the concept of constructor and destructor like c++.