Java SE 16
Java SE 16.0.1 is the latest release for the Java SE Platform
Looking for Oracle OpenJDK builds?
- Oracle Customers and ISVs targeting Oracle LTS releases: Oracle JDK is Oracle’s supported Java SE version for customers and for developing, testing, prototyping or demonstrating your Java applications.
- End users and developers looking for free JDK versions: Oracle OpenJDK offers the same features and performance as Oracle JDK under the GPL license .
To Learn more about these options visit Oracle JDK Releases for Java 11 and Later
Java SE 11 (LTS)
Java SE 11.0.11 is the latest release for the Java SE 11 Platform
Java SE 8
Java SE 8u291 is the latest release for the Java SE 8 Platform.
Which Java package do I need?
- Software Developers: JDK (Java SE Development Kit): For Java Developers. Includes a complete JRE plus tools for developing, debugging, and monitoring Java applications.
- Administrators running applications on a server: Server JRE (Server Java Runtime Environment): For deploying Java applications on servers. Includes tools for JVM monitoring and tools commonly required for server applications, but does not include browser integration (the Java plug-in), auto-update, nor an installer. Learn more
- End user running Java on a desktop: JRE: (Java Runtime Environment): Covers most end-users needs. Contains everything required to run Java applications on your system.
Early Access Releases
Early access versions of future releases of the JDK and the JRE are available for testing. These early access releases include future update and future major releases. These releases are licensed only for testing, not for use in production.
JDK Mission Control (JMC)
JDK Mission Control (JMC) is an advanced set of tools for managing, monitoring, profiling, and troubleshooting Java applications. JMC enables efficient and detailed data analysis for areas such as code performance, memory, and latency without introducing the performance overhead normally associated with profiling and monitoring tools.
JDK Mission Control (JMC)
Java Advanced Management Console (AMC)
The Java Advanced Management Console (AMC) offers system administrators greater and easier control in managing Java version compatibility and security updates for desktops within their enterprise and for ISVs with Java-based applications and solutions.
Advanced Management Console (AMC)
Java Time Zone Updater Tool
The TZUpdater tool is to enable an Oracle JDK or JRE user to patch their installation with the most recent timezone data. Learn More
Java API Documentation Updater Tool 1.3
Java API Documentation Updater Tool repairs-in-place Java API Documentation created with javadoc versions included with JDK 5u45, 6u45, 7u21 and earlier. See the 7u25 release notes for more information.
Java API Documentation Updater Tool
The Java Archive offers access to some of our historical Java releases. WARNING: These older versions of the JRE and JDK are provided to help developers debug issues in older systems. They are not updated with the latest security patches and are not recommended for use in production.