Education: Related Bachelor’s Degree (IT) –OR– IT Experience, Call taking profile must
Experience (years): Total IT Experience: Freshers / 1-2 years
Industry / Technology background:
Customer Service, IT Service Desk, Infrastructure Support
Working Hours: 24/7 Shifts, Full Time UK hours
[Standard Rave] Pre-employment checks: Required
Duties to be performed:
- The service desk analyst provides a point of communication to the users and a point of coordination for several IT groups and processes.
- To restore “normal service” to the users as quickly as possible
- Ensuring that all change/project work is delivered on time and to budget
- Using technical skills and logical approach to proactively manage all elements of the supported Infrastructure and ensuring high levels of service availability
- Proactive maintenance of systems, installing patches, upgrades etc.
- Providing customers with high level technical consultancy
- Specialising in the configuration and support of Windows OS (Servers/ Desktop) systems and back office applications
- Ensure compliance with all documented procedures
- Be able to work on the Office premises for minimum of 8.5 hours during assigned shift timings or more if the work demands.
- Be a part of the 24X7 shift rotation (If Required)
- Get involved in any other business activities as required
Overall Project/Task description
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be required to manage service to a large internal staff as well as customer staff, work within contracted SLAs and delivering best in class services to customers. You will be required to log all the calls that come into the Service Desk via e-mail, telephone and Internal Portal. You must have specialization in MS Windows and Ubuntu Linux (for desktop) technology. To allocate categorisation and prioritisation levels in accordance with customer contractual requirements
- To recognise the importance of good timekeeping, which ensures punctual login to the phone system and aids call management in line with service SLAs
- To provide Level 1 investigation and diagnosis where applicable
- To resolve those incidents/service requests classified as first-time-fix, i.e. Password resets and account reactivations/deactivations, Application related tickets, etc
- To keep users informed of progress (especially post SLA breach)
- To accurately document the cause of the issue and troubleshooting steps before resolving the call or forwarding to the next level engineer
- To accurately close (using closure codes), all resolved incidents, requests and other calls in a timely manner, especially at month end
- To contribute to team meetings
Certifications: ITIL Foundation Certification Preferred but not Mandatory.
- EXCELLENT Communication Skills; ability to understand UK accents quickly and leverage this to successfully fulfil role.
- Experience in Microsoft office Applications and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Must be able to provide support for both Hardware and software.
- Excellent Keyboard Skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, telephony, communication.
- Must be a good team player.
- Must possess excellent Communication Skills both Face to Face and on the Telephone.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a Team and equally, on their own.
Apply Before the link Expires for Rave Technologies Off Campus Hiring.