Difference between C and C++
The differences between C and C++ are given below:-
1.C was developed in 1972
2.C was developed by Dennis Ritchie.
3.C is procedural oriented
4.C is compiled language.
5.C is a middle-level language.
6.C support pre-processor.
7. Pointer concept is present in C.
8.C doesn’t support method overloading.
9.C is platform dependent.
10. Union and data-structure both are supported in C.
11.C doesn’t support multi-threading.
12.auto & extern storage class are supported.
13. It has 32 keywords.
14. For generic we should use void.
15.C support both call by value and call by reference.
16.C support storage class.
17.C uses top to down approach.
1.C++ was developed in 1979
2.C was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup.
3.C++ is the successor of C.
4. There are 56 keywords present in C++.
5.C++ use header-file.
6.C++ support preprocessor.
7. Pointer concept is present in C++.
8. Operator overloading is allowed in c++.
9.C++ is platform dependent.
10. Union and data-structure both are supported in C++.
11.C++ doesn’t support thread.
12.C++ has compiled language.
13. Templates are supported.
14.c++ doesn’t support documentation comment like JAVA.
15.C++ supports virtual keyword so we decide when the function can override or not.
16.C++ support default argument.
17.scope resolution (::) operator present in C++.