About Company: Yugabyte is a transactional, distributed SQL database designed for resilience and scale. Its 100% open source, PostgreSQL compatible, enterprise-grade RDBMS built to run across all your cloud environments
We are a series B-funded company and are catering to customers in all spheres. Our investors include Lightspeed, Dell, 8VC and so on. Our founders and engineers include creators of Cassandra & HBase and have experience of running Facebook’s public-cloud scale DBaaS handling 1+ Trillion Ops per day and 100+ Petabytes of data. They have scaled the data platform at Facebook from 30M to 1.4B users.
Job Profile: YugaByte Software Private Limited
Official Website: www.yugabyte.com
Work Location: Bangalore, Pune
CTC: ₹ 47,00,000 and above | CTC could be more if Stock upside ends up being higher than assumed
Experience Required: 0 to 3 Years
Last Date To Apply: Friday, 30 Apr, 2021
Drive Date: Sunday, 2nd May, 2021
Drive Location: Remote (Online)
Referral ID: 2458561
Why this could be best job opportunity in India today?
Below is opinion from eLitmus
- Great work content
- Distributed SQL databases designed for scale and resilience is a problem which researchers have started attacking only in last few years (so you will working on problem which is the hottest area in R&D and still evolving).
- This technology is next generation to No SQL databases like Mongo DB
- Great colleagues
- Techies who played a key role in building & scaling Cassandra & HBase for applications like Facebook Messenger and Facebook’s Operational Data Store are now at Yugabyte
- Company will hire very few but highly talented folks in their R&D center in India – completely flat organization with no politics and no bureaucracy whatsoever
- Great leadership
- Founders like those of Google are still hands on and have built game changing technology in their previous organizations
- Stocks windfall
- Listed companies offer RSU where multiplier are not as much
- This is a sizeable company (so no fear of overnight failure) which is pre-IPO , so offers ESOPs where upside multiplier are huge. So actual CTC could dwarf the CTC indicated above
- Any thing related to data is darling of stock markets right now (example Snowflake, Databricks)
- 2017/18/19/20/21 batch BE/ BTech(CS/IT)
- Great academic track record ( remember we are building a small team and just want the very best) and / or Great companies experience
- This job is covered under referral program and has a reward of Rupees 100,000 cash (paid to a bank account of an Indian resident post applicable tax deductions by eLitmus)
- Referral shall be payable only if the successful candidate who is offered the job completes 6 calendar months of continuous employment with the company.
- The referred candidate should have entered your mail id / eLitmus candidate Id under referral field
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open-source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications.
We are currently hiring for the following 2 roles:
1. Backend Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure):
As an engineer in the Platform & Cloud team, you will be designing and implementing a distributed control plane to manage the life cycle of YugabyteDB. The control plane is responsible for unified multiverse management of YugabyteDB across public cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), Kubernetes environments (open-source, GKE, EKS, PKS, AKS), and on-prem data centers including fault-domain aware provisioning, rolling upgrades, security, monitoring, and day-2 operations (backups, scaling etc). We are looking for strong engineers who exemplify collaboration, who are driven and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, and who have a strong desire to build an internet-scale, extensible control plane with strong emphasis on simplicity and user experience.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain components of a feature-rich management and orchestration product
- Manage one or more project priorities and deadlines
- The programming languages are mainly Python and Java
- Understand the infrastructure details of public clouds and use devops best practices to implement provisioning
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science -or- a related field
- Strong software design and implementation skills in building infrastructure frameworks
- Experience building and operating extensible, scalable resilient systems
- Working knowledge of Java and Python
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network etc)
- Willingness and ability to learn new languages and concepts
Nice to Haves:
- Cloud infrastructure systems engineering experience
- Experience in building control planes
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with containers and cluster managers like Kubernetes
- Experience in App deployment and config management frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc.
2. Software Engineer (Full Stack):
We are looking for passionate software engineers with different levels of experience to create a modern, sleek UI with consumer grade design that makes the Yugabyte Platform extremely easy to use. This involves working with the latest UI frameworks, adopting emerging UI technologies as appropriate and ensuring that the app works on a variety of devices by using a responsive design.
- Work with the extended team to understand core product features and translate them into the best possible visual and interaction design for end users
- Manage one or more project priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work across the various components in a modern web application stack
- Stay abreast of the developments in various web technologies and push for adoption as appropriate
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science (or a similar technical field of study).
- Software development experience.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Working knowledge of Java and REST API design.
- End to end ownership of designing and implementing a large feature, delivering it to end customers and maintaining it by addressing issues quickly should they arise.
Note on compensation
- At time of joining the company 5000 ESOP will be offered
- Stock upside assumed against this ESOP allocation is divided by 4 in arriving at indicative CTC (many companies add all stocks / RSUs value accruing over 4 years. If the same is done then indicative CTC will be in excess of 1 crore)
- For 0-1 year experienced folks, out of the compensation mentioned, fixed part would be 24 LPA and remaining would be in ESOPs.
- Folks with more than 1 year of experience can expect higher CTC.
Apply before the link Expires For Yugabyte Off Campus Drive.
Use Referral ID- 2458561